Solid Waste Recycling is a method of recovery & reuse of material such as steel, copper, paper, rubber, plastic, etc arising from manufacturing goods as well as reducing the amount of waste generated, composting, landfilling, & incinerating. It is mainly used for eliminating the negative impact on the environment & human health.
It offers an effective way to keep large amounts of solid waste far from landfills, conserve resources, and energy saving. It includes various steps such as collection, separation, preparing the material for buyer’s identifications, market sales, processing, and materials eventual reuse.
What is Solid Waste?
Solid waste is unwanted and useless garbage materials generated by animal and human activities in industrial, commercial, & residential areas. It is categorized into three different ways Origin, Contents, & Hazard Potential.
- origin (residential, industrial, commercial, construction, or institutional)
- contents (organic material, wood, glass, metal, plastic paper, etc)
- hazard potential (toxic, non-toxin, flammable, radioactive, magnetic,
Types of Solid Waste:-
Solid waste is generated regularly in each & every single day from our day-to-day activities and can generate various kinds of wastes. The most commonly produced solid wastes are Municipal Solid Waste, Industrial Solid Waste, & Biochemical Solid Waste.
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW): MSW contains household waste, construction, demolition debris, street waste generated from residential and commercial complexes.
- Industrial Solid Waste (ISW): ISW refers to hazardous waste because they contain harmful substances that are corrosive, toxic, & highly inflammable.
- Biochemical Solid Waste (BSW): BSW usually includes wastes that are infectious like sharps, soiled waste, disposables, anatomical waste, cultures, discarded medicines, chemical wastes, etc.
Types of Methods used in Solid Waste Recycling
There are various types of methods used in solid waste recycling to protect our environment from pollution, conserve resources & save energy such as:
1) Solid Waste Open Burning
2) Sea dumping process
3) Solid wastes sanitary landfills
4) Incineration method
5) Composting process
6) Disposal by Ploughing into the fields
7) Disposal by hog feeding
8) Salvaging procedure
9) Fermentation/biological digestion
Advantages of Solid Waste Recycling
- It helps in reducing the amount of raw material used in construction industries.
- It saves the landfill capacity of materials.
- It helps in improving air and water quality by reducing waste.
- Eliminates negative impact on the environment & human health.
- It can help to conserve our natural resources such as timber, water, and minerals.
- It minimizes greenhouse gas emissions.
- It plays an important role to tackle youth unemployment.
- It protects our wildlife & ecosystem.
Services in Waste Management Industry
We Kelvin Water Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is one of the best and leading names in offering Waste Management services to industrial, commercial, & residential areas all over the world for more than 15+ years of engineering experience. We are very environmentally conscious and offer multiple technologies for reducing waste such as Organic Waste Composting, Baling Press, Waste Shredder, Solid Waste Recycling, etc. Our organization is completely environment conscious and uses advanced tools & technologies for offering the best possible results to our customers and supporting a greener and better tomorrow.